Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Open Championship at St. Andrews



Chances are, if you are reading this, you know that I am a huge Phil Mickelson fan. I mean HUGE Phil Mickelson fan. A huge Phil Mickelson fan that, along with other huge Phil Mickelson fans, is disappointed today after his first round at the British Open.

+2? While the majority of the other competitors are under par? Not looking so good. Lets hope that Phil works magic tomorrow to make the cut! Otherwise, it may be a Tiger weekend. Lets hope it is not a Tiger weekend. We all know we don't want it to be a Tiger Woods weekend.

On the other hand, I am impressed with 21 year old Rory McIlroy. My fiance David and I attended the Quail Hollow Championship in Charlotte this year, where Rory shot an amazing 62 for the day on Sunday. We watched and cheered him on as he victoriously marched up to the 18th hole to win the championship, just two days before his 21st birthday. Today, Rory was -9 for the day at St. Andrews. Can he do again what he did at Quail Hollow? We'll see -- I'm rooting for him! Just hope he is able to keep his distance from John Daly (who I could also scream about but thats for another entire post) and the Tiger.

GO PHIL AND RORY!


No comments:

Post a Comment