Sunday, July 11, 2010

Olde Towne



I had the huge privilege of going to Old Town Alexandria, VA this weekend for my dear friends' engagement party. Ashley and Ben are getting married next June in Old Town in a beautiful, historic church. I was only in Old Town for about 20 hours, but the very feeling and atmosphere of the little historic district make me want to go back again and again!

The area gave me the feeling of Charleston, SC but less touristy. All of the shops and restaurants are in cute historic row buildings. There is even a cute Trader Joe's! This is the kind of area that I would love to live in one day -- history is so cute! The cocktail party was at a nice restaurant called the Columbia Firehouse, and then we went to a fun bar called Light Horse. On our way back to our hotel at the end of the night, we passed by a cobblestone road, which Ashley told us George Washington frequented.

I will definitely be returning to this cute little town to explore, before Ashley and Ben tie the knot!


1 comment: